Dosage form: enema
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 283mg in 5mL, BENZOCAINE 20mg in 5mL
Labeler: ZURICH MEDICAL LABS, LLC
NDC Code: 61357-179
|Active ingredient (in each 5cc disposable tube)||Purpose|
|Docusate Sodium 283mg||Stool Softener Enema|
|Benzocaine 20mg||Topical Analgesic|
- For the relief of occasional constipation and/or aid in preventing constipation
- Helps to reduce pain or rectal damage caused by hard stools or by straining during bowel movements
- usually produces bowel movement in 2 to 15 minutes
- symptoms of appendicitis (e.g., nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain)
- bleeding from the rectum
- undiagnosed bleeding
- congestive heart failure
- high blood pressure
- fecal impaction
- intestinal obstruction
- been taking other prescriptions
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking mineral oils.
- bleeding from the rectum
- you fail to have a bowel movement after using this product.
These may indicate a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion or overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
E-VAC™ MINI-ENEMA & E-VAC™ PLUS MINI-ENEMA is to be used as an enema. This is not a suppository. Do not take orally.
Twist off and remove tip. Place water or a few drops of the product on the shaft of the tube to lubricate prior to insertion. It is also recommended that one of these lubricants be applied to the anus before inserting the enema. With steady pressure, gently insert the enema into the rectum with care to prevent damage to the rectal wall. Squeeze to empty the contents. Keep the tube squeezed until it is removed from the rectum. After the contents have been emptied, remove the disposable tube and discard. A small amount of liquid may remain in the unit after use.
- For best results, lay on left side with knees bent.
- Second position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until side of face resting on surface.
- each mini-enema contains: 283mg sodium docusate
- Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted to 15°C - 30°C (59° - 86°F).
- Protect from Freezing. [See USP Controlled Room Temperature.]
- Below 50% relative humidity is optimal.
- See box and tube crimp for Lot Number and Expiration Date.
a medicinal soft soap base of Polyethylene Glycol and Glycerin.
docusate sodium and benzocaine enema
|Labeler - ZURICH MEDICAL LABS, LLC (071904097)|
|ZURICH MEDICAL LABS, LLC||071904097||MANUFACTURE(61357-179)|
Medically reviewed on Mar 21, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.