Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 5mL, TRIPROLIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Allegis Pharmaceuticals, LLC
NDC Code: 28595-803
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL teaspoonful)||Purpose|
|Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg||Decongestant|
|Triprolidine HCl 2.5 mg||Antihistamine|
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to common cold, hay fever (allergic rhinitis) or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- may cause drowsiness
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
|Adults and Children 12 years of age and older:||1 teaspoonful (5 mL) every 4 hours, not to exceed 4 teaspoonfuls (20 mL) in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age||½ teaspoonful (2.5 mL) every 4 hours, not to exceed 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.|
|Children under 6 years of age||Consult a doctor|
Store at 15°-30° C (59°-86° F).
Tamper evident by foil seal under cap. Do not use if foil seal is missing or broken.
Dispense in a tight, light-resistant container with a child-resistant cap.
Citric Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol, Grape Flavor.
phenylephrine hydrochloride and triprolidine hydrochloride syrup
|Labeler - Allegis Pharmaceuticals, LLC (792272861)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.