DELTUSS DMX Cough Suppressant Nasal Decongestant Antihistamine GRAPE Flavor
Medically reviewed on August 28, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXCHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg in 5mL, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 30mg in 5mL
Labeler: Deliz Pharmaceutical Corp
NDC Code: 58238-225
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dexchlorpheniramine maleate, USP 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 15 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP 30 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation occurring with a cold or inhaled irritants
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- Temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or
Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostrate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur especially in children
- cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use only with enclosed measuring cup
- do not use enclosed measuring cup for any other drug product
|Adults and children 12 years of age and older:
||2 teaspoonfuls (tsp) every 6 hours not to exceed 8 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age:
||1 teaspoonful (tsp) every 6 hours not to exceed 4 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.
|Children 2 to under 6 years of age:
||Consult a doctor.
- Store at room temperature 15°C-30°C (59°F-86°F)
Bitter Mask, Citric Acid Anhydrous, Glycerin, Grape Flavor, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol.
Call 1-787-701-3312. You may also report serious side effects to this phone number.
|DELTUSS DMX COUGH SUPPRESSANT NASAL DECONGESTANT ANTIHISTAMINE GRAPE FLAVOR
dexchlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Deliz Pharmaceutical Corp (826391138)|
|Woodfield Pharmaceutical, LLC||079398730||manufacture(58238-225)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.