Breakout Clearing Emergency Spot Fix
Medically reviewed on February 5, 2018
Dosage form: lotion
Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide 50mg in 1mL
Labeler: Dermalogica, Inc.
NDC Code: 68479-202
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzoyl Peroxide (5.0%)
- For the treatment of acne
For external use only
- In or near eyes
- On broken skin
- On lips or large areas of the body
- If you have very sensitive skin
- If you are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
Skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
- Apply to affected areas only.
- Avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use sunscreen.
- This product may bleach hair or dyed fabrics.
- Skin irritation and dryness are more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, use only one topical acne medication at a time.
- If too much skin irritation or sensitivity develops or increases.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly before applying.
- Cover the affected area with a thin layer 1 to 3 times a day.
- Because too much drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, and then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by a physician.
- If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.
- If going outside, use a sunscreen. Allow Emergency Spot Fix to dry, then follow directions of the sunscreen labeling.
- If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
- Protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun.
Water/Aqua/Eau, PEG-8, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.
Call toll free 1-800-831-5150 in the US
|BREAKOUT CLEARING EMERGENCY SPOT FIX
benzoyl peroxide lotion
|Labeler - Dermalogica, Inc. (177698560)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.