Medically reviewed on January 29, 2018
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 350mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 5mL
Labeler: Kramer Novis
NDC Code: 52083-678
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp) Purpose
Dextromethorphan HBr, 15 mg............................Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin, 350 mg..............................................Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl, 10 mg................................Nasal decongestant
- suppresses cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with a cold or inhaled irritants
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passages of bothersome mucus, drain bronchial tubes, and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to a cold
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
When using this product do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough last more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be a signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
EVERY 4 HOURS
- Adults and Children 12 years of age and older: 5 mL (1 tsp)
- Children 6 to under 12 years of age: (2.5 mL (1/2 tsp)
- Children under 6 years of age: Consult physician
Tamper Evident Feature: Do not use if inner seal is torn, broken or missing.
Store at controlled room temperature 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Avoid excessive heat and humidity.
Inactive ingredients Citric acid, flavor, hydroxyethyl cellulose, methyl paraben, potassium citrate, polyethylene glycol, propyl paraben, purified water, sorbitol and sucralose.
Manufactured in the USA for Kramer-Novis, San Juan, PR 00917.
Tel: (787) 767-2072 / www.kramernovis.com
dextromethorphan hbr, guiafenesin, phenylephrine hcl solution
|Labeler - Kramer Novis (090158395)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.