Medically reviewed on January 29, 2018
Dosage form: solution/ drops
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 1mL, GUAIFENESIN 50mg in 1mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 1mL
Labeler: Kramer Novis
NDC Code: 52083-641
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredients (in each 1 mL) Purpose
Dextromethorphan HBr, 5 mg..............................Antitussive
Guaifenesin, 50 mg..............................................Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl, 2.5 mg................................Nasal decongestant
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- nasal congestion due to the common cold
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold
Do not use
in child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains a MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if your child has
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with asthma
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- new symptoms occur
- your child gets nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough last more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be a signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
do not use more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
Children 2 to under 5 years of age
- 1 mL every 4 hours, do not exceed 6 doses, or as directed by a doctor.
Children under 2, consult a doctor.
- measure with the dosage device provided. Do not use any other device.
Tamper Evident Feature: Do not use if cap seal is torn, broken or missing.
Store at controlled room temperature 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Avoid excessive heat and humidity.
Inactive ingredients Citric acid, flavors, glycerin, methyl paraben, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, propyl paraben, purified water, sodium citrate, sorbitol and sucralose.
Manufactured in the USA for Kramer-Novis, San Juan, PR 00917. Tel: (787) 767-2072
dextromethorphan hbr, guiafenesin, phenylephrine hcl solution/ drops
|Labeler - Kramer Novis (090158395)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.