Medically reviewed on January 22, 2018
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: BROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg in 5mL, CODEINE PHOSPHATE 7.5mg in 5mL, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 30mg in 5mL
Labeler: Marnel Pharmaceutcals, Inc.
NDC Code: 0682-0480
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each teaspoonful (5 mL))||Purpose|
|Brompheniramine Maleate 2mg||Antihistamine|
|Codeine Phosphate 7.5 mg||Antitussive (cough suppressant)|
|Pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg||Nasal Decongestant|
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies.
- runny nose, sneezing, itching of the nose or throat, and itchy watery eyes
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
Do not use if you are taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI,ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- chronic cough that lasts such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breath
- giving to a child who is taking other drugs
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- giving a higher dose than recommended by a doctor could result in serious side effects for your child. A special measuring device should be used to give an accurate dose of this product to children under 6 years of age.
- may cause excitability especially in children
- may cause or aggravate constipation
- may cause drowsiness; alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect
- avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this product
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days, tend to recur or are accompanied by fever and rash or persistent headache. These may be symptoms of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not exceed 6 doses in 24 hours
|Adults and children 12 years and over||two teaspoonfuls
(10 mL) every 4-6 hours
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age||one teaspoonful
(5mL) every 4-6 hours
|Children under 6 years of age||Consult a doctor|
Each teaspoonful contains 5mg of sodium. Store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).
Apricot Flavor, Citric Acid, D&C Yellow #10, FD&C Red #40, Glycerin, Magnasweet 110, Menthol Flavor, Orange Flavor, Pineapple Flavor, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin, and Sorbitol
Antitussive (cough suppressant)/
Each 5mL (one teaspoonful) for oral
|Codeine Phosphate||7.5 mg|
Alcohol-Free / Sugar-Free
Do not use if imprinted safety seal
under cap is broken or missing.
Marnel Pharmaceutical, Inc.
206 Luke Street
Lafayette, LA 70506
16 fl. oz. (473 mL)
brompheniramine maleate, codeine phosphate, and pseudoephedrine hydrochloride syrup
|Labeler - Marnel Pharmaceutcals, Inc. (053781795)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.