Mucus Relief Maximum Strength by Walgreen Company
Medically reviewed on Aug 1, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, GUAIFENESIN 200mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: Walgreen Company
NDC Code: 0363-0616
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- temporarily reduces fever
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
- new symptoms occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- redness or swelling is present
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed
(see overdose warning)
- do not take more than 12 caplets in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 years and older: take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86º F)
- use by expiration date on package
corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silica gel, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
WALGREENS PHARMACIST RECOMMENDED‡
Cold, Flu & Sore Throat
Acetaminophen 325 mg /
Pain Reliever / Fever Reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg / Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin 200 mg / Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg / Nasal Decongestant
• Relieves headache, fever & sore throat
• Controls cough • Thins & loosens mucus
• Clear nasal & chest congestion
• For ages 12 & over
Compare to Maximum Strength Mucinex® FAST-MAX™ Cold, Flu & Sore Throat active ingredients‡‡
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
‡Walgreens Pharmacist Survey Study, November 2012.
‡‡This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser LLC, owner of the registered trademark Maximum Strength Mucinex® FAST-MAX™ Cold, Flu & Sore Throat.
KEEP OUTER PACKAGE FOR COMPLETE PRODUCT INFORMATION
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(0363-0616)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(0363-0616)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(0363-0616)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(0363-0616)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(0363-0616)|