Naproxen Sodium by Family Dollar (FAMILY WELLNESS)
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: NAPROXEN SODIUM 220mg
Labeler: Family Dollar (FAMILY WELLNESS)
NDC Code: 55319-169
Naproxen sodium, USP 220 mg
(naproxen 200 mg) (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- minor pain of arthritis
- the common cold
- menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Allergy alert: Naproxen sodium may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Heart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke.These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease, asthma or had a stroke
- you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- you are taking a diuretic
- under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- you have symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
- chest pain
- trouble breathing
- slurred speech
- leg swelling
- weakness in one part or side of body
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
- you have difficulty swallowing
- it feels like the pill is struck in your throat
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use naproxen sodium during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than directed
- the smallest effective dose should be used
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and older:
- take 1 tablet every 8 to 12 hours while symptoms last
- for the first dose you may take 2 tablets within the first hour
- do not exceed 2 tablets in any 8-to 12-hour period
- do not exceed 3 tablets in a 24-hour period
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- each tablet contains: sodium 20 mg
- store at 20º to 25ºC (68º to 77ºF). Avoid high humidity and excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
- read all warnings and directions before use. Keep carton.
croscarmellose sodium, FD&C blue # 2, macrogol, magnesium stearate, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, talc, titanium dioxide.
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM - 5PM EST
COMPARE TO THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT OF ALEVE®†
SEE NEW WARNINGS
STRENGTH TO LAST 12 HOURS
All Day Pain Relief
Naproxen Sodium Tablets, 220 mg
Pain Reliever/ Fever Reducer (NSAID)
†This product is not manufactured or distributed or distributed by Bayer Healthcare, LLC., distributor of Aleve®.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
DISTRIBUTED BY: MIDWOOD BRANDS, LLC
10611 MONROE RD., MATTHEWS, NC 28105
naproxen sodium tablet
|Labeler - Family Dollar (FAMILY WELLNESS) (024472631)|
Medically reviewed on Mar 26, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.