Stool Softener by CVS Pharmacy
Medically reviewed on June 22, 2018
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-039
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate sodium 100 mg
Stool softener laxative
- for relief of occasional constipation (irregularity)
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
- stomach pain
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 14 days
if you are presently taking mineral oil.
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take softgels with a full glass (8 oz) of water
|adults and children 12 years and older||take 1-3 softgels daily or as directed by a doctor. This dose may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 1 softgel daily or as directed by a doctor|
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor|
- each softgel contains:sodium 6 mg
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15-30ºC (59-86ºF)
D&C red #33*, D&C yellow #10*, edible ink, FD&C blue #1*, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, lecithin*, medium-chain triglycerides*, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol*, purified water, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide
*contains one or more of these ingredients
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the active ingredient in Phillips'® Stool Softener**
DOCUSATE SODIUM 100 mg
• Relieves constipation
• Gentle, dependable relief
**This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare LLC, owner of the registered trademark Phillips'® Stool Softener.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
CVS.com 1-800-SHOP CVS
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|