DOCUSATE SODIUM by LLC Federal Solutions
Medically reviewed on August 8, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 50mg in 5mL
Labeler: LLC Federal Solutions
NDC Code: 24451-771
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient per 5 mL (1 teaspoon)
Docusate Sodium 50 mg
Stool Softener Laxative
- For relief of occasional constipation
- generally produces bowel movement in 12-72 hours
Do not use
- if you are presently taking mineral oil
- when abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present
- for longer than one week
Ask a doctor before use if you have
noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over two weeks.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding
- you fail to have a bowel movement after use of this product
These may indicate a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- may be taken once daily or in divided doses
- give dose in 1/2 glass of milk, fruit juice or infant formula to mask bitter taste and prevent throat irritation
adults and children over 12 5 to 35 mL (1 to 7 teaspoons)
children 6 to under 12 5 to 15 mL (1 to 3 teaspoons)
children 2 to under 6 2.5 to 5 mL (1/2 to 1 teaspoon)
children under 2 ask a doctor
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 5 mg
- shake well before using
- store at controlled room temperature 15° - 30°C (59° - 86°F)
- dispense contents in a tight, light resistant container as defined in the USP.
D&C Red #33, methylparaben, natural & artificial vanilla flavor, poloxamer 181, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium benzoate. Sodium citrate may be used to adjust pH.
Questions or comments?
- Call 1-855-333-6337
- To Report suspected adverse reactions, contact the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Safecor Health, LLC
317 New Boston St.
Woburn, MA 01801
Distributed by: LLC Federal Solutions
14 NE 1st Ave.
Miami, FL 33132
REV 105-00 07/2013
docusate sodium liquid
|Labeler - LLC Federal Solutions (965036895)|
|Safecor Health, LLC||828269675||repack(24451-771)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.