WOMENS LAXATIVE by Western Family Foods, Inc.
Medically reviewed on July 24, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: BISACODYL 5mg
Labeler: Western Family Foods, Inc.
NDC Code: 55312-120
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bisacodyl USP 5 mg
- for relief of occasional constipation and irregularity. This product generally produces a bowel movement within 8 to 12 hours if taken at bedtime or within 6 hours if taken before breakfast.
- if you are currently taking mineral oil, unless directed by a doctor
- when abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present
- for longer than 1 week, unless directed by a doctor. Prolonged or continued use of this product can lead to laxative dependency and loss of normal bowel function. Serious side effects from prolonged use or overdose can occur.
- do not chew or crush
- do not give to children under 6 years of age or to persons who cannot swallow without chewing
- do not take this product within 1 hour after taking an antacid and/or milk
- this product may cause abdominal discomfort, faintness, rectal burning, and mild cramps
you notice a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
- you have rectal bleeding
- you fail to have a bowel movement after use
ask a health care professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 3 tablets daily
|adults and children 12 years of age and older||take 1-3 tablets in a single dose once daily|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 1 tablet daily|
|children under 6 years of age||consult a doctor|
- each tablet contains: calcium 15 mg
- store at 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- keep in a dry place
acacia, calcium sulfate anhydrous, carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, D&C red #7 Calcium Lake, hypromellose phthalate, iron oxide, iron oxide Black, iron oxide Yellow, kaolin, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol (PEG) 400, povidone, shellac, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sugar, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin
Call toll free 1-877-753-3935
Dependable, Gentle & Effective
BISACODYL USP 5 mg Stimulant Laxative
Comfort Coated TABLETS
*Compare to the Active Ingredient in Correctol®
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Schering-Plough, owner of the registered trademark Correctol®.
TAMPER EVIDENT - USE ONLY IF BLISTERS ARE INTACT.
Proudly Distributed by:
Western Family Foods, Inc.
P.O. Box 4057
Portland, OR 97208
bisacodyl tablet, coated
|Labeler - Western Family Foods, Inc. (192166072)|
|Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.