Stool Softener Plus Stimulant Laxative
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 50mg, SENNOSIDES 8.6mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-800
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 50 mg
Sennosides 8.6 mg
- for overnight relief from occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces a bowel movement within 6 to 12 hours
- laxative products for longer than 1 week unless told to do so by a doctor
- if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose, preferably in the evening, or in divided doses.
|adults and children 12 years and over||take 2-4 tablets daily|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 1-2 tablets daily|
|children 2 to under 6 years of age||take up to 1 tablets daily|
|children under 2||ask a doctor|
- each tablet contains: calcium 20 mg
- each tablet contains: sodium 6 mg VERY LOW SODIUM
- store at 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF), protect from excessive moisture
carnauba wax*, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake*, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin*, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose*, polyethylene glycol*, purified water*, sodium benzoate*, stearic acid*, talc*, titanium dioxide, triglycerides*
*contains one or more of these ingredients
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the active ingredients in Peri-Colace® †
Plus Stimulant Laxative
Docusate sodium, 50 mg
Sennosides, 8.6 mg
DISTRIBUTED BY CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895 © 2013 CVS Pharmacy
www.cvs.com 1-800-shop-CVS**This product is not manufactured or distributed by Purdue Products L.P., owner of the registered trademark Peri-Colace®.
DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Purdue Products L.P., owner of the registered trademark Peri-Colace®.
|STOOL SOFTENER PLUS STIMULANT LAXATIVE
docusate sodium, sennosides tablet
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
|Registrant - P & L Development, LLC (800014821)|
Medically reviewed on Jul 9, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.