Antiseptic Skin Cleanser by Kinray Inc.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 4mg in 100mL
Labeler: Kinray Inc.
NDC Code: 61715-072
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution
Healthcare Professional handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease..
Patient preoperative skin preparation: for the preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery
Skin wound and genral skin cleaning
for external use only
- if you are alleric to chlorhexidine gluconate or any ohter ingredient
- in contact with meninges
- in genital area
- as a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
- keep out of eyes, ears, an mouth. Maycause seriously and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when installed in the middle ear thru perforated eardurms.
- if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water
wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated
repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when the underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of skin
- irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control center right away
This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause Cancer.
use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Healthcare personnel handwash:
- wet hands with water
- dispense about 5ml of product into cupped hands and wahs in vigorous manner for about 15 seconds
- rinse and dry thoroughly
Patient preoperative skin preparation:
- apply product librally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel
- repeat procedure for an additional 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel
Skin wound and normal skin cleansing:
- thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water
- apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently
- rinse again thoroughly
- store at 20°-25° C (68°-77° F)
- avoid excessive heat above 40° C (104° F)
cocamide DEA, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol
call 1-800-587-3721 Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM CST
|ANTISEPTIC SKIN CLEANSER
chlorhexidine gluconate 4% liquid
|Labeler - Kinray Inc. (012574513)|
|Registrant - Xttrium Laboratories, Inc. (007470579)|
|Xttrium Laboratories, Inc.||007470579||manufacture(61715-072)|
Medically reviewed on Aug 1, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about chlorhexidine topical
- Chlorhexidine topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 34 Reviews
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides
- FDA Alerts (2)
- Chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse
- Chlorhexidine topical
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (Oral)
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (Topical)
- Chlorhexidine (Advanced Reading)
- ... +2 more