Capmist DM by Capital Pharmaceutical, LLC
Medically reviewed on March 14, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg, GUAIFENESIN 400mg, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 60mg
Labeler: Capital Pharmaceutical, LLC
NDC Code: 29978-601
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each tablet)
Dextromethorphan HBr 15mg
(in each tablet)
(in each tablet)
Pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold, hay fever (allergic rhinitis) or other upper respiratory allergies:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
|Adults and children 12 years of age and over:||1 tablet every 4 hours, not to exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age:||1/2 tablet every 4 hours, not to exceed 2 tablets in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.|
|Children 2 to under 6 years of age:||Consult a doctor.|
Store at 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).
Capmist DM is a light green, oblong, capsule shaped, scored tablet, debossed “CAP” bisect “DM” on one side and blank on the other.
Contains color additives including FD&C Yellow No. 5 (tartrazine).
Supplied in a tight, light-resistant container with a child-resistant cap.
FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #5, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Starch Glycolate.
CAPMIST DM Tablets
Cough Suppressant ● Expectorant
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin and pseudoephedrine hydrochloride tablet
|Labeler - Capital Pharmaceutical, LLC (831545541)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.