The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Cold, Mucus and Congestion
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 250mg, Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10mg, guaifenesin 200mg, Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5mg
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC, Consumer Care
NDC Code: 0280-1159
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each capsule)||Purposes|
|Acetaminophen 250 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 200 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion and pressure
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- relieves the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 12 capsules in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- in children under 12 years of age
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than the recommended dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 capsules with water every 4 hours. Do not exceed 12 capsules in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use
- store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
FD&C red #40, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, polyethylene glycol 400, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac, simethicone, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide
1-800-986-0369 (Mon-Fri 9AM - 5PM EST) or www.alkaseltzerplus.com
Bayer HealthCare LLC
P.O. Box 1910
Morristown, NJ 07962-1910
Acetaminophen / Pain reliever-fever
reducer • Dextromethorphan
hydrobromide / Cough suppressant • Guaifenesin /
Expectorant • Phenylephrine HCl / Nasal
MUCUS & CONGESTION
Relieves Headache, Fever & Sore Throat • Controls Cough
Relieves Nasal & Chest Congestion • Thins & Loosens Mucus
20 LIQUID GELS (Liquid Filled Capsules)
|ALKA-SELTZER PLUS SEVERE COLD, MUCUS AND CONGESTION
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC, Consumer Care (785159372)|