Ranitidine by Apotex Corp.
Medically reviewed on December 1, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: Ranitidine Hydrochloride 150mg
Labeler: Apotex Corp.
NDC Code: 60505-2880
Ranitidine 150 mg (as ranitidine hydrochloride, USP 168 mg)
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain foods and beverages
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to ranitidine or other acid reducers.
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
- if you have kidney disease, except under the advice supervision of a doctor
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a healthcare professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water 30 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- can be used up to twice daily (do not take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours)
- children under 12 years; ask a doctor
- do not use if printed foil under bottle cap is broken or torn
- store at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F)
- avoid excessive heat or humidity
- this product is sodium and sugar free
carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, ferric oxide red, ferric oxide yellow, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, titanium dioxide and vanillin
Call 1-800-706-5575 (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time)
ranitidine hydrochloride tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Apotex Corp. (845263701)|
|Registrant - Apotex Inc. (209429182)|
|Apotex Inc||209429182||manufacture(60505-2880), analysis(60505-2880)|