Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
Labeler: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
NDC Code: 0597-0151
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium (USP) 100 mg/Stool Softener Laxative
|Active ingredient (in each capsule)||Purpose|
|Docusate sodium (USP) 100 mg||Stool softener laxative|
- for temporary relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking mineral oil
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Directions take with a glass of water
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||1 to 3 capsules daily. This dose may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.|
|children 2 to under 12 years of age||1 capsule daily|
|children under 2 years of age||ask a doctor|
- each capsule contains: sodium 6 mg
- store at 20–25°C (68-77°F)
- protect from excessive humidity
- do not use this product if the safety seal under the cap is torn or missing
Inactive ingredients black iron oxide, D&C Red #33, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, high polychains, hypromellose, isopropyl alcohol, mannitol, polyethylene glycol 400, propylene glycol, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide, water
Questions? call 1-888-285-9159 (English/Spanish) M – F, 8:30 – 5 EST, or visit www.Dulcolax.com
Distributed by: Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) Consumer Health Care Products Division of BI Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Ridgefield, CT 06877. © 2016, BI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. All rights reserved.
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (603175944)|
|Registrant - Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (603175944)|
Medically reviewed on Dec 18, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.