Vicks DayQuil Severe Cold and Flu
Medically reviewed on February 5, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, GUAIFENESIN 200mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-811
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Severe Cold & Flu
|Active ingredients (in each caplet)||Purpose|
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 200 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion & pressure
- cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation
- minor aches & pains
- sore throat
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4 doses in 24 hrs, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription).
If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product, do not use more than directed.
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than directed can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- take only as directed - see Overdose warning
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
|adults & children 12 yrs & over||2 caplets with water every 4 hrs|
|children 4 to under 12 yrs||ask a doctor|
|children under 4 yrs||do not use|
- when using other DayQuil or NyQuil ® products, carefully read each label to ensure correct dosing
- each caplet contains: sodium 4 mg
- store at room temperature
croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, FD&C Yellow No. 6, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati OH 45202
Cold & Flu
COLD & FLU
Acetaminophen, Phenylephrine HCl, Dextromethorphan HBr, Guaifenesin
- Headache, Fever, Sore Throat, Minor Aches & Pains
- Nasal/Sinus Congestion & Sinus Pressure
- Chest Congestion
SEVERE COLD AND FLU
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride tablet
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.