Famotidine by Select Brand
Medically reviewed on July 18, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: FAMOTIDINE 10mg
Labeler: Select Brand
NDC Code: 15127-370
Famotidine USP, 10 mg
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
- with other acid reducers
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
Ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- protect from moisture
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF THE CARTON OR INDIVIDUAL BLISTER UNIT IS OPEN OR TORN.
Colloidal silicon dioxide, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide red, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol 400, pregelatinized starch, talc, titanium dioxide
- 1 tablet relieves heartburn due to acid indigestion
- Famotidine prevents heartburn due to acid indigestion brought on by eating and drinking certain foods and beverages.
Tips for Managing Heartburn
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eating
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach
- Do not eat before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed
- Avoid heartburn - causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, and certain fruits and vegetables
- Eat slowly and avoid big meals
- If overweight, lose weight
- Quit smoking
Famotidine Tablets USP, 10 mg
†Compare to the active ingredient of Original Strength Pepcid AC®
Just One Tablet
Prevents & Relieves Heartburn Due to Acid Indigestion
Distributed by: SELECT BRAND®DISTRIBUTORS
famotidine tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Select Brand (043562370)|
|Registrant - Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc. (937890044)|
|Ohm Laboratories Inc.||184769029||manufacture(15127-370)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.