The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
adult cold, flu and sore throat
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 6501 in 20mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20mg in 20mL, GUAIFENESIN 400mg in 20mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 20mL
NDC Code: 62011-0193
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion and pressure
- cough due to minor throat and minor bronchial irritation
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
- Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions or parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not use more than directed
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24 hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- Adults and children 12 years and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours.
Children under 12 years of age: Do not use
- each 20 mL contains: sodium 20 mg
- store between 15-30oC(59-86oF)
- do not refrigerate
- dosing cup provided
citric acid anhydrous, edetate disodium, FD and C blue 1, FD and C red 40, flavors, glycerin, propylene glycol, propyl gallate, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
compare to Mucinex Fast-Max Cold, Flu and Sore Throat active ingredients
adult cold, flu and sore throat
pain reliever/Fever reducer, acetaminophen
Cough Suppressant, dextromethorphan HBr
nasal congestion, phenylephrine HCl
calms headaches and fevers
relieves nasal and chest congestion,
soothes cough, thins and loosens mucus
For Ages 12 and Over
|ADULT COLD, FLU AND SORE THROAT
acteaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Mckesson (177667227)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.