Gentle Laxative by CVS Pharmacy
Medically reviewed on April 12, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, sugar coated
Ingredients: BISACODYL 5mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-327
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bisacodyl USP, 5 mg
- relieves occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
if you cannot swallow without chewing.
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
- do not chew or crush tablet(s)
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- you may have stomach discomfort, faintness and cramps
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- take with a glass of water
adults and children
|take 1 to 3 tablets
in a single daily dose
| children 6 to under |
12 years of age
| take 1 tablet in a single
| children under 6 years||ask a doctor|
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- avoid excessive humidity
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
acacia, ammonium hydroxide, calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, colloidal anhydrous silica, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, iron oxide black, lactose anhydrous, magnesium stearate, methylparaben, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, povidone, propylene glycol, propylparaben, shellac glaze, simethicone, sodium alginate, sodium benzoate, sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Compare to the active ingredient
BISACODYL USP 5 mg
• Gentle yet effective
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., owner of the registered trademark Dulcolax®.
CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive
Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2018 CVS/pharmacy
√ CVS® Quality
Money Back Guarantee
bisacodyl tablet, sugar coated
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(59779-327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(59779-327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(59779-327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(59779-327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(59779-327)|