Pepcid Complete by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 23, 2019.
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: famotidine 10mg, calcium carbonate 800mg, magnesium hydroxide 165mg
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
NDC Code: 16837-891
|Active ingredients (in each chewable tablet)||Purposes|
|Famotidine 10 mg||Acid reducer|
|Calcium carbonate 800 mg||Antacid|
|Magnesium hydroxide 165 mg||Antacid|
relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- kidney disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Antacids and acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- do not swallow tablet whole: chew completely
- to relieve symptoms, chew 1 tablet before swallowing
- do not use more than 2 chewable tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- each tablet contains: calcium 320 mg, magnesium 70 mg
- read the directions and warnings before use
- read the bottle. It contains important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- protect from moisture
- do not use if foil inner seal imprinted with "SAFETY SEAL®" is broken or missing
cellulose acetate, corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, dextrose excipient, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, flavors, gum arabic, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, mineral oil, sucralose
call 1-800-755-4008 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
famotidine, calcium carbonate, and magnesium hydroxide tablet, chewable
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division (878046358)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Pepcid Complete (calcium carbonate / famotidine / magnesium hydroxide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: H2 antagonists