Western Family Hemorrhoidal by Western Family Food, Inc.
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: MINERAL OIL 140mg in 100g, PETROLATUM 749mg in 100g, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 100g
Labeler: Western Family Food, Inc.
NDC Code: 55312-035
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients Purpose
Mineral oil 14%.............................................................Protectant
Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%......................................Vasoconstrictor
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue and relieves burning
- temporarily provides a coating for relief of anorectal discomforts
- temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful
Warnings For external and/or intrarectal use only
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are now taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression
When using this product do not use more than the recommended daily dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- bleeding occurs
- condition gets worse or does not get better within 7 days
- introduction of the applicator into the rectum causes additional pain
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a physician before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe
- gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying
- when first opening tube, remove foil seal
- for intrarectal use: remove protective cover from applicator and attach to tube
- lubricate applicator well, then gently insert applicator into the rectum
- thoroughly clean applicator and replace protective cover after each use
- apply externally to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- also apply ointment to external area
Other information store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
Inactive ingredients glycerin, lanolin, methylparaben, propylparaben, stearyl alcohol, thyme oil, tocopherol acetate, water, white wax
Proudly Distributed by Western Family Foods, Inc.
P.O. Box 4057, Portland, OR 97208 U.S.A.
Made in Korea
|WESTERN FAMILY HEMORRHOIDAL
mineral oil ointment
|Labeler - Western Family Food, Inc. (192166072)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.