Effervescent Pain Relief Fast Relief Fast Relief
Medically reviewed on June 25, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, effervescent
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 325mg, CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE 1000mg, SODIUM BICARBONATE 1916mg
Labeler: Major Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0904-7948
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each effervescent tablet)||Purpose|
|Aspirin 325 mg (NSAID)*||Pain reliever|
|Citric acid 1000 mg||Antacid|
|Sodium bicarbonate (heat-treated) 1916 mg||Antacid|
*non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug
for the relief of
- heartburn, acid indigestion and sour stomach when accompanied by headache or body aches and pains
- upset stomach with headache from overindulgence in food or drink
- headache, body aches, and pain alone
Children and teenagers should not use this medicine for chicken pox or flu symptoms before a doctor is consulted about Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness reported to be associated with aspirin.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
if you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take aspirin or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Aspirin may cause stomach bleeding.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- if you are allergic to aspirin
- been placed on a sodium restricted diet
- bleeding problems
- stomach problems that last or come back, such as heartburn, upset stomach or pain
- presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- taking a prescription drug for anticoagulation (thinning the blood), diabetes, gout or arthritis
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away
- pain lasts for more than 10 days or gets worse
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- completely dissolve tablets in 4 ounces of water before taking
|Adults and children 12 years and over|| 2 tablets every 4 hours
Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours
|60 years and older|| 2 tablets every 4 hours
Do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours
Children under 12 years Consult a doctor
- each tablet contains: sodium 564 mg
- store at room temperature, protect from excessive heat
- in water, this tablet contains prinipally the antacid sodium citrate and the analgesic sodium acetylsalicylate
Livonia, MI 48150 USA
|EFFERVESCENT PAIN RELIEF FAST RELIEF
aspirin, citric acid anhydrous, and sodium bicarbonate tablet, effervescent
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals (191427277)|