povidone iodine by Major Pharmaceuticals
Medically reviewed on June 26, 2017
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: POVIDONE-IODINE 100mg in 1mL
Labeler: Major Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0904-1103
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredient Purpose
Povidone Iodine 10% v/v Antiseptic
- First aid antiseptic to help prevent infection in minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
- Healthcare antiseptic for preparation of the skin prior to surgery.
- Antiseptic cleanser for preparation of skin prior to an infection.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- As a first aid antiseptic for more than 1 week unless directed by a doctor.
- In the eyes.
- Over large areas of the body.
- On individuals who are allergic or sensitive to iodine.
- Deep puncture wounds
- Animal bites
- Serious burns
- If irritation and redness develop
- If condition persists for more than 72 hours, consult a physician.
Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center.
As a first aid antiseptic
- clean affected area
- apply a small amount of this product to the area1 to 3 times daily
- may be covered with a sterile bandage, if bandaged let dry.
For preoperative patient skin preparation
- clean area
- apply to operative site prior to surgery using the applicator
- citric acid
- sodium citrate
- tween 80
- disodium phosphate
- purified Water
For use as an
- first aid antiseptic
- pre-operative skin preperation
povidone iodine solution
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals (191427277)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about povidone iodine topical
- Povidone iodine topical Side Effects
- Pricing & Coupons
- 4 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides