STOOL SOFTENER by BJWC (Berkley & Jensen / BJ's)
Medically reviewed on January 16, 2018
Dosage form: capsule
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
Labeler: BJWC (Berkley & Jensen / BJ's)
NDC Code: 68391-110
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 100 mg
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours.
- if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a stool softener laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
|adults and children 12 years and over||take 1-3 softgels daily|
|children 2 to under 12 years of age||take 1 softgel daily|
|children under 2 years||ask a doctor|
- each softgel contains: sodium 6 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 15o - 30o C (59o- 86o F)
D&C Red #33, edible ink, FD&C blue #1, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol special and titanium dioxide.
Call toll free: 1-800-934-1204 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the active ingredient of COLACE®*
Docusate sodium, 100 mg
Convenient & Predictable relief of constipation
DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Purdue Products L.P., owner of the registered trademark Colace®
docusate sodium capsule
|Labeler - BJWC (Berkley & Jensen / BJ's) (159082692)|
|Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.