Medically reviewed on January 25, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 75mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Alternative Pharmacal Corporation
NDC Code: 53163-103
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp.) Purpose
Dextromethorphan HBr ............... 5 mg ................ Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin .............................. 75 mg ................ Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl ..................... 2.5 mg ................... Nasal Decongestant
Ask a doctor before use if your child has
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to the enlargement of the prostate gland
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
When using this product, do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask doctor if
- your child gets nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI; ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product -Do not use- in a child under 2 years of age.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with common cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold
Directions Do not exceed more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||take 4 teaspoonfuls (20 mL) every 4 hours
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 2 teaspoonful (10 mL) every 4 hours
|children 2 years to under 6 years of age||take 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) every 4 hours
|children under 2 years of age||ask a doctor
Inactive ingredients citric acid, flavor, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate and sucralose
Questions or comments? 1-305-403-3788
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Alternative Pharmacal Corporation (078528214)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.