Pepcid Complete by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
Medically reviewed on October 11, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: Famotidine 10mg, Calcium carbonate 800mg, Magnesium hydroxide 165mg
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
NDC Code: 16837-298
|Active ingredients (in each chewable tablet)||Purposes|
|Famotidine 10 mg||Acid reducer|
|Calcium carbonate 800 mg||Antacid|
|Magnesium hydroxide 165 mg||Antacid|
relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- do not swallow tablet whole: chew completely
- to relieve symptoms, chew 1 tablet before swallowing
- do not use more than 2 chewable tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- each tablet contains: calcium 320 mg, magnesium 70 mg
- read the directions and warnings before use
- read the bottle. It contains important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- protect from moisture
- do not use if foil seal under bottle cap printed "SAFETY SEAL®" is open or torn
cellulose acetate, corn starch, crospovidone, D&C red no. 7 calcium lake, dextrose excipient, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, flavors, gum arabic, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, mineral oil, modified starch, sucralose
call 1-800-755-4008 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
famotidine, calcium carbonate, and magnesium hydroxide tablet, chewable
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division (878046358)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.