Psoriasin by Alva-Amco Pharmacal Companies, Inc.
Medically reviewed on May 22, 2018
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: Coal tar 12.5mg in 1g
Labeler: Alva-Amco Pharmacal Companies, Inc.
NDC Code: 52389-266
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Coal tar 1.25% (from coal tar topical solution, USP)
Psoriasis/Seborrheic Dermatitis Treatment
For the relief of symptoms associated with psoriasis and/or seborrheic dermatitis including itching, scaling, flaking, redness and irritation of the skin. Helps prevent recurrence.
- for prolonged periods
- if condition covers a large area of the body
- around the rectum or in the genital area or groin
- with other forms of psoriasis therapy such as ultraviolet radiation or prescription drugs.
When using this product avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
- condition worsens
- condition does not improve after regular use of this product as directed.
Use caution in exposing skin to sunlight after applying this product, as it may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
- Read all package directions and warnings before using.
- Use only as directed.
- Apply (gently massage in) a small amount of Psoriasin Gel to affected areas.
- Apply one to four times daily or as directed by a doctor.
- Apply to thoroughly dry skin.
- The active ingredient, coal tar, in Psoriasin Gel may affect very light hair color; test first on a few strands of hair before broader application to areas where light colored hair is present.
- Wash affected area at least daily with mild soap and warm water and dry thoroughly.
- Intended for use by normally healthy adults only.
- Persons under 18 years of age or those with highly sensitive or allergic skin should use only as directed by a doctor.
You may report serious side effects to the phone number provided under Questions? below.
Aloe vera gel, ethanol, hydroxypropyl cellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lanolin, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, purified water and vitamin E acetate.
coal tar gel
|Labeler - Alva-Amco Pharmacal Companies, Inc. (042074856)|
More about Psoriasin (coal tar topical)
- Psoriasin Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 7 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents