Anti-Diarrheal by QUALITY CHOICE (Chain Drug Marketing Association)
Medically reviewed on April 24, 2017
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE 2mg
Labeler: QUALITY CHOICE (Chain Drug Marketing Association)
NDC Code: 63868-748
Loperamide HCl 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl.
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death.
- if you have bloody or black stool
- in children under 12 years of age
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- not for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- store at 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF) Protect from light.
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
- do not use if carton or blister unit is open or torn
- see side panel for lot number and expiration date
butylated hydroxyanisole, edible ink, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil, purified water
Call 1-248-449-9300 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
†Compare to the active ingredient in Imodium® A-D
Controls The Symptoms Of Diarrhea
Loperamide HCl, 2 mg
Suitable For Adults And Children 12 Years And Over
*Each Liquid-Filled Capsule Contains 2 mg Loperamide HCl
Distributed by C.D.M.A., Inc.®
43157 W. Nine Mile
Novi, MI 48376-0995
THIS PRODUCT IS PACKAGED IN A CHILD-RESISTANT AND TAMPER EVIDENT PACKAGE. USE ONLY IF BLISTERS ARE INTACT.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals, distributor of Imodium® A-D.
loperamide hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - QUALITY CHOICE (Chain Drug Marketing Association) (011920774)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.