Delsym Cough Plus Soothing Action
Medically reviewed on May 1, 2018
Dosage form: lozenge
Ingredients: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 5mg, Menthol 5mg
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-164
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Cough Plus™ Soothing Action
|Active ingredients (in each lozenge)||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Menthol 5 mg||Oral pain reliever|
- sore throat
- sore mouth
- minor mouth irritation
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold
- If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use in a child under 6 years of age.
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- irritation, pain, or redness persists or worsens
- swelling develops
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and older: take 2 lozenges (one immediately after the other) and allow each lozenge to dissolve slowly in the mouth; may be repeated every 4 hours, not to exceed 12 lozenges in any 24-hour period, or as directed by a doctor
- children 6 to under 12 years of age: take 1 lozenge and allow to dissolve slowly in the mouth; may be repeated every 4 hours, not to exceed 6 lozenges in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor
- children under 6 years of age: do not use
- tamper evident: product is sealed in blister package for your protection. Do not use if carton is damaged or if printed seal on blister is broken or missing.
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
D&C Yellow #10, FD&C Yellow #6, flavors, liquid glucose, propylene glycol, sucralose, sucrose, water
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Made in England
COUGH PLUS SOOTHING ACTION
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and menthol lozenge
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.