Cold and Allergy Maximum Strength
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 4mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg
Labeler: Dolgencorp, Inc. (DOLLAR GENERAL & REXALL)
NDC Code: 55910-890
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis) or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- nasal congestion
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold:
- runny nose
- nasal congestion
if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- drowsiness may occur,
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or occur with a fever
ask a health care professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take every 4 hours
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24 hour period
|adults and children 12 years of age and older||take 1 tablet|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 1/2 tablet|
|children under 6 years of age||consult a doctor|
|children under 4 years of age||do not use|
colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid
Compare to active ingredients of Actifed® Cold & Allergy*
Cold & Allergy
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4 mg/Antihistamine
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg/Nasal Decongestant
• Nasal Congestion • Runny Nose
• Sneezing • Itchy, Watery Eyes
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Actifed® Cold & Allergy.
DISTRIBUTED BY DOLGENCORP, LLC
100 MISSION RIDGE
GOODLETTSVILLE, TN 37072
|COLD AND ALLERGY
chlorpheniramine maleate, phenylephrine hcl tablet
|Labeler - Dolgencorp, Inc. (DOLLAR GENERAL & REXALL) (068331990)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.