Povidone Iodine by Sion Biotext Medical Ltd
Medically reviewed on April 17, 2018
Dosage form: swab
Ingredients: POVIDONE-IODINE 0.10g
Labeler: Sion Biotext Medical Ltd
NDC Code: 68786-140
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Povidone Iodine 10%
- Antiseptic cleanser to help prevent infection in minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
- For preparation of the skin prior to surgery.
- Helps reduce bacteria that can potentially cause skin infection.
For External Use Only.
- In the eyes
- As a first aid antiseptic for longer than 1 week
- Over large areas of the body
- Deep or puncture wounds
- Animal bites
- Serious burns
- Condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours
- Irritation and redness develops
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Tear at notch
- Remove applicator
- Use only once
As a first aid antispetic
- Clean affected area
- apply 1-3 times daily
- May be covered with a sterile bandage
- If bandaged, let dry first.
- Clean area
- Apply to operative site prior to surgery using applicator
- Store at room temperature
- Avoid excessive heat
|Labeler - Sion Biotext Medical Ltd (532775194)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.