Kank-A Mouth Pain
Medically reviewed on April 12, 2018.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: Benzocaine 200mg in 1mL
Labeler: Blistex Inc.
NDC Code: 10157-9477
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Mouth Pain Liquid
Benzocaine 20.0% (w/w)
- for the temporary relief of pain due to canker sores, minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances, or minor injury of the mouth or gums
For oral use only
do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine, or other "caine" anesthetics.
- do not use this product for more than 7 days unless directed by a dentist or doctor. If sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days; if irritation, pain, or redness persists or worsens; or if swelling, rash or fever develops, see your doctor or dentist promptly.
- do not exceed recommended dosage.
Keep out of reach of children. If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- to assure formation of a long-lasting film coating, dry affected area and apply medication undiluted with applicator
- allow a few seconds for coating to form
- use up to 4 times daily, or as directed by a dentist or doctor
- children under 12 years of age should be supervised in the use of this product
- children under 2 years of age: consult a dentist or doctor
- do not purchase if package has been opened
- cap tightly after use to avoid evaporation
- avoid contact with the eyes
- avoid contact with clothing and household/ furniture surfaces to prevent possible staining
- this is a personal care item, and should be used by one individual only
benzyl alcohol, cetylpyridinium chloride, compound benzoin tincture, dimethyl isosorbide, ethylcellulose, flavor, octylacrylamide/acrylates/butylaminoethyl methacrylate copolymer, oleth-10, PEG-6, propylene glycol, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, SD alcohol 38B (29.6% v/v), sodium saccharin, sucralose, tannic acid
Mouth Pain Liquid
See Inside Back Panel
Maximum Pain Relief
Forms Protective Coating
For Sores Inside the Mouth
- Canker Sores
- Denture Abrasions
- Brace Irritation
.33 FL OZ (9.75 mL)
|Labeler - Blistex Inc. (005126354)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- 16 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
- Benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine Aerosol Spray
- Benzocaine Lozenges
- Benzocaine Oral Cream, Gel, Liquid, and Ointment
- Benzocaine Rectal Ointment
- ... +5 more