STOOL SOFTENER by CVS Pharmacy
Medically reviewed on March 15, 2018
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-147
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 100 mg
- for the prevention of dry, hard stools
- for relief of occasional constipation
This product generally produces a bowel movement within 12 to 72 hours.
- if you are currently taking mineral oil, unless directed by a doctor
- when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present
- for longer than 1 week, unless directed by a doctor
you notice a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
- you have rectal bleeding
- you fail to have a bowel movement after use
ask a health care professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 1-3 softgels, preferably at bedtime
- children 6 to 12 years of age: take 1 softgel at bedtime
- each softgel contains: sodium 6 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
D&C red #33, edible ink, FD&C blue #1*, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water*, sorbitol special, and titanium dioxide
*contains one or more of these ingredients
Call toll free 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to active ingredient in Phillips'® Stool Softener†
DOCUSATE SODIUM 100 mg
- Relieves constipation
- Gentle, dependable relief
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer Consumer Products, owner of the registered trademark Phillips'® Stool Softener.
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
|Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.