Brom Tapp DM
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
NDC Code: 53807-530
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Brompheniramine maleate, USP 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 5 mg
Phenylephrine HCl , USP 2.5 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation occurring with a cold and nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough that lasts such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not use more than directed
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
|adults and children 12 years and over||4 tsp every 4 hours|
|children 6 to under 12 years||2 tsp every 4 hours|
|children under 6 years||ask a doctor|
- TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if breakaway band on cap is broken or missing
- each teaspoon (5 ml) contains: sodium 5 mg
- store at room temperature 15º - 30ºC (59º - 86ºF)
artificial flavor, citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol, water
|BROM TAPP DM
brompheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation (144679156)|
|Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation||144679156||manufacture(53807-530)|
Medically reviewed on Apr 30, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.