Docusate Sodium Liquid by Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: Docusate sodium 10mg in 1mL
Labeler: Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
NDC Code: 53807-216
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 50 mg
- prevents / relieves dry hard stool
- results usually occur 1 to 3 days after the first dose
- when abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present
- for more than one week unless directed by a doctor
- are taking mineral oil
- have noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
- you have no bowel movement within 3 days
- you have rectal bleeding
- these could be signs of a serious condition
- a skin rash occurs
- you experience throat irritation
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assisstance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- follow dosing directions below or take as directed by doctor
- must be given in a 6 to 8 oz glass of milk or fruit juice to prevent throat irritation
- may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- take maximum dose daily until first bowel movement, dosage should then be reduced according to individual response
- do not exceed recommended dose
- shake well before using
|Adults and children 12 years and over||1 to 4 teaspoons (50 to 200 mg)
|Children under 12 years of age||ask a doctor
1 teaspoon = 5 mL
TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if breakaway band on cap is broken or missing.
- Store at room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- protect from excessive heat
- Keep tightly closed
- Dispense in tight, light resistant container as defined in the USP
- each teaspoon (5 mL) contains: sodium 15 mg
citric acid, D&C Red #33, flavor, parabens, poloxamer, propylene glycol, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucrose, and water.
|DOCUSATE SODIUM LIQUID
docusate sodium liquid
|Labeler - Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation (144679156)|
|Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation||144679156||manufacture(53807-216)|
Medically reviewed on Apr 30, 2018