Fiber Therapy Orange Flavor by Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
Dosage form: granule, for solution
Ingredients: PSYLLIUM HUSK 3.4g in 100g
Labeler: Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
NDC Code: 53807-200
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Psyllium Hydrophilic Mucilloid 3.4 gms (approximately)
Fiber laxative / Dietary Fiber Supplement
- effective in treating occasional constipation and restoring and maintaining regularity. Generally produces bowel movement in 12-72 hours
- encouragement for normal elimination naturally, without chemical stimulants
Dietary FIber Supplement
- Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that includes 12 gms of soluble fiber per day from psyllium husk, as in this product, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol. One Adult dose of this product has 2.4 gms of this soluble fiber.
- Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention
- Inhaled or ingested psyllium powder may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to psyllium
- laxative products when abdominal pain, nausea or vomitting are present unless directed by a doctor
- this product if you have difficulty in swallowing or have any throat problem.
- you have a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
Dietary Fiber Therapy
- you are considering use of this product as part of cholesterol-lowering program.
- do not use more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor
- you experince rectal bleeding
- you faile to have bowel movement
- constipation persists beyond 7 days, as it may be a sign of a more serious condition.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Mix this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product with enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take if you have difficulty in swallowing. See choking warnings
|LAXATIVE USE||DIETARY SUPPLEMENT FIBER USE|
|Adults 12 years & older||1 rounded teaspoon (7gms ) in 8 oz. of liquid at the first sign of irregularity. Can be taken up to 3 times daily||1 rounded teaspoon (12 gms) in 8 oz. of liquid 3 times daily.|
|Children 6 years to under 12 years||1/2 the adult dose in 8 oz. of liquid, up to 3 times daily||consult a doctor|
|Children under 6 years||consult a doctor||consult a doctor
- Put rounded teaspoon in 8 oz. of liquid at the first sign of irregularity.
- Fill an 8 oz. container with cold water, juice or other liquid.
- Sprinkle one rounded teaspoondul of powder into liquid.
- Stir briskly and drink immediately. If mixture thickens, add more liquid and stir. An additional glass of liquid is recommended.
Laxatives, including bulk fibers, may affect how well other medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine. As your boday adjusts to increase fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
Your doctor can recommend the right dosage of this product to best meet your needs. In general, start by taking one dose a day. Gradually increase to three doses per day, if needed or recommeded by your doctor. If minor gas or bloating occurs when you increrase doses, try slightly reducing the amount your are taking. This product can be taken any time of day. To establish a routine, we suggest taking it at approximately the same time each day. Also useful for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders associated with consitipation when recommended by a doctor.
- DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
- store at room temperature
- keep tightly closed to protect from humidity
- frequent or prolonged use of this prepartion may result in dependence on laxative.
citric acid, FD&C Yellow#6, flavor and Sucrose
|FIBER THERAPY ORANGE FLAVOR
psyllium dietary fiber supplement granule, for solution
|Labeler - Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation (144679156)|
|Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation||144679156||manufacture(53807-200)|
Medically reviewed on Apr 30, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.