Pink Bismuth Maximum Strength
Medically reviewed on May 2, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 525mg in 15mL
Labeler: Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
NDC Code: 53807-192
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 525 mg
Upset stomach reliever and anti-diarrheal
- relieves upset stomach due to overindulgence in food or drink
- controls diarrhea
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from children pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- if you have bloody or black stool
- if you have an ulcer or bleeding problem
- mucus in the stool
- a magnesium-restricted diet
- a sodium-restricted diet
taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
a temporary but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 4 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- shake well before using
- use pre-measured cup for accurate dosing
- repeat dosage every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- adults & children 12 years and over: 2 tablespoons
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
Carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C Red #3, FD&C Red #40, flavor, glycerin, magnesium aluminum silicate, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, sodium benzoate, sodium saliycylate, sorbitol, water
- Store at room temperature. Protect from freezing and excessive heat (over 40oF or 104oC)
- each tablespoon (15 mL) contains: magnesium 32 mg
- each tablespoon (15 mL) contains: sodium 24 mg
- each tablespoon (15 mL) contains: total salycylate 262 mg
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED INNER CAP SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
|PINK BISMUTH MAXIMUM STRENGTH
bismuth subsalicylate liquid
|Labeler - Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation (144679156)|
|Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation||144679156||manufacture(53807-192)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.