Childrens Acetaminophen by Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
Dosage form: elixir
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 160mg in 5mL
Labeler: Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
NDC Code: 53807-129
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
- reduces fever
- relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- sore throat
This product contains acetaminophen.
Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- do not give more than 5 days unless directed by a doctor
|Weight (lbs.)||Age (yrs.)||Dose (tsp or mL)|
|under 24||under 2||ask a doctor|
|24-35||2-3 years||1 tsp or 5 mL|
|36-47||4-5 years||1½ tsp or 7.5 mL|
|48-59||6-8 years||2 tsp or 10 mL|
|60-71||9-10 years||2½ tsp or 12.5 mL|
|72-95||11 years||3 tsp or 15 mL|
- Store at room temperature 15º - 30ºC (59º - 86ºF)
- Protect from Freezing.
- Protect from Light.
- each teaspoon (5 mL) contains: sodium 7 mg
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF PRINTED INNER CAP SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING
citric acid, FD&C red # 40, flavor, glycerin. polyethylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol, water.
|Labeler - Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation (144679156)|
|Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation||144679156||manufacture(53807-129)|
Medically reviewed on Apr 30, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.