Mucinex Fast-Max Night Time Cold and Flu
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 650mg in 20mL, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 25mg in 20mL, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 10mg in 20mL
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-500
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Night Time Cold and Flu
|Active ingredients (in each 20 mL)||Purposes|
|Acetaminophen 650 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Diphenhydramine HCl 25 mg||Antihistamine/cough suppressant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- runny nose
- sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily reduces fever
- controls cough to help you get to sleep
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on the skin
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- each 20 mL contains: sodium 8 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, trisodium citrate dihydrate, xanthan gum
- may contain this ingredient
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
COLD & FLU
Acetaminophen – Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
Diphenhydramine HCl – Antihistamine/Cough Suppressant
Phenylephrine HCl – Nasal Decongestant
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose, Sneezing & Itchy Throat
- Body Pain, Headache, Fever & Sore Throat
6 FL OZ (180 mL)
FOR AGES 12+
NIGHT TIME COLD AND FLU
acetaminophen, diphenhydramine hydrochloride, and phenylephrine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.