Epsom Salt by Safeway Inc
Medically reviewed on October 17, 2017
Dosage form: granule, for solution
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM SULFATE HEPTAHYDRATE 1g in 1g
Labeler: Safeway Inc
NDC Code: 21130-602
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Magnesium sulfate USP (heptahydrate) 100%
- for relief of occasional constipation (irregularity)
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours
- kidney disease
- a magnesium-restricted diet
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- already used a laxative for a period longer than 1 week.
taking any other drug. Take this product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not exceed recommended daily dosage
- drink a full glass (8 ounces) of liquie with each dose
- may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- dissolve the dose in 8 ounces of water. Lemon juice may be added to improve the taste
adults and children 12 years and over - 2 to 6 level teaspoons (10 to 30 grams) daily
children 6 to under 12 years - 1 to 2 level teaspoons (5 to 10 grams) daily
children under 6 years - consult a doctor
- magnesium content 495 mg per teaspoon (5 grams)
Magnesium Sulfate U.S.P.
Tamper Evident Packaging:
Caution: this package has been sealed for your protection. Do not use if package is open, torn or mutilated.
For external use as a soaking aid for minor sprains and bruises.
CAUTION: If prompt relief is not obtained or there is evidence of infection, discontinue use and consult your physician. Hot or warm soaks should not be used by individuals with diabetes except on the advice of a physician. Keep out of reach of children.
Directions: Dissolve 2 cupfuls of this product per gallon of water. Apply with bandages or towelling for 30 minutes up to three times a day, or use as a soak or in bath. Use warm water for best results.
DISTRIBUTED BY: SAFEWAY, INC
P.O. BOX 99, PLEASANTON CA 94566-0009
magnesium sulfate granule, for solution
|Labeler - Safeway Inc (009137209)|
|Registrant - Vi-Jon (790752542)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.