Stimulant Laxative Enteric Coated
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: BISACODYL 5mg
Labeler: Preferred Plus (Kinray)
NDC Code: 61715-038
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bisacodyl USP 5 mg
- for temporary relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
if you cannot swallow without chewing.
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
- do not chew or crush tablet(s)
- it may cause stomach discomfort, faintness and cramps
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take with a glass of water
|adults and children 12 years and over||take 1 to 3 tablets in a single daily dose|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 1 tablet in a single daily dose|
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor|
- store at controlled room temperature 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
acacia, anhydrous calcium sulfate, anhydrous lactose, carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, gelatin, iron oxide, iron oxide black, iron oxide yellow (iron oxide ochre), magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol (PEG) 400, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, povidone, shellac, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sugar, talc, and titanium dioxide
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the Active Ingredient in Dulcolax®†
Bisacodyl, USP, 5 mg per tablet
For dependable relief of occasional constipation
Enteric Coated Tablets
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Distributed by: Kinray, Inc.
152-35 Tenth Avenue
Whitestone, NY 11357
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., distributor of Dulcolax® Laxative.
bisacodyl tablet, coated
|Labeler - Preferred Plus (Kinray) (012574513)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.