ED A-HIST DM by EDWARDS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
Medically reviewed on Feb 27, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg in 5mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 4mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 5mL
Labeler: EDWARDS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
NDC Code: 0485-0171
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active Ingredients (in each 5 mL teaspoonful)||Purpose|
|Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4 mg||Antihistamine|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg||Antitussive|
|Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg||Nasal Decongestant|
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold, hay fever (allergic rhinitis) or other respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Do not use this product, unless directed by a doctor, if you have
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- a persistent or chronic cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- diabetes mellitus
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
Do not take this product if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers, without first consulting your doctor.
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- may cause marked drowsiness
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness effect
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of accidental overdose, seek professional help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Do not exceed recommended dosage
|Adults and children 12 years of age and over:||1 teaspoonful (5 mL) every 4 hours, not to exceed 6 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age:||1/2 teaspoonful (2.5 mL) every 4 hours, not to exceed 3 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.|
|Children under 6 years of age:||Consult a doctor.|
Store at 59° - 86° F (15° - 30° C) [see USP for Controlled Room Temperature].
Banana Flavor, Citric Acid, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #6, Methyl Paraben, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Propyl Paraben, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sorbitol Solution 70%, Sucralose.
ED A-HIST DM
Antihistamine • Antitussive
• Nasal Decongestant
Sugar Free • Gluten Free
Each teaspoonful (5 mL)
for oral administration contains:
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
Tamper evident by foil seal under cap.
Do not use if foil seal is broken or
Ripley, MS 38663
16oz. (473 mL)
|ED A-HIST DM
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, chlorpheniramine maleate, and phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - EDWARDS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. (195118880)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.