Childrens Delsym Cough Plus Chest Congestion DM
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 5mg in 5mL, Guaifenesin 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-214
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Cough Plus® Chest Congestion DM
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL)||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 100 mg||Expectorant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help your child get to sleep
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
When using this product do not use more than directed
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
|Age (year)||Dose (mL)|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||5 mL - 10 mL every 4 hours|
|children 4 to under 6 years of age||2.5 mL - 5 mL every 4 hours|
|children under 4 years of age||do not use|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 3 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, trisodium citrate dihydrate, xanthan gum
- may contain this ingredient
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Made in England
COUGH + ™
Dextromethorphan HBr (Cough Suppressant)
- Chest Congestion
- Thins & Loosens
6 fl oz (180 mL)
COUGH PLUS CHEST CONGESTION DM
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin solution
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.