stimulant laxative enteric coated
Medically reviewed on December 4, 2017
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: BISACODYL 5mg
Labeler: Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp
NDC Code: 57896-441
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bisacodyl 5 mg
- relieves occasional constipation and irregularity
- generally produces a bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
Do not use
• for more than one week unless directed by a doctor
• if you cannot swallow without chewing
• within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• abdominal pain
• a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts longer than 2 weeks
When using this product • abdominal discomfort, faintness, or cramps may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor
• if you have no bowel movement within 12 hours
• if you have rectal bleeding
• these could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
• do not take more than directed
• swallow whole, do not chew or crush
• take recommended dose in a single daily dose
• take with water
• adults and children 12 years and older: take 1-3 (usually 2) tablets daily
• children 12 and under: ask a doctor
• store at room temperature
• avoid excessive humidity
• Tamper Evident: Do not use if imprinted seal under cap is missing or broken
• package not child resistant
• for institutional use only
Acacia, Ammonium Hydroxide, Calcium Carbonate, Corn Starch, D and C Yellow NO. 10 Lake, FD and C Yellow NO. 6 Lake, Hypromellose, Iron Oxide Black, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Methylparaben, PEG, Polydextrose, Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Povidone, Shellac, Simethicone, Silica, Sodium Alginate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Stearic Acid, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Triacetin, Triethyl Citrate, Wax. May also contain: Calcium Sulfate, Gelatin, Sodium Starch Glycolate.
|STIMULANT LAXATIVE ENTERIC COATED
|Labeler - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
|Registrant - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.