Saline Enema by Dynarex Corporation
Dosage form: enema
Ingredients: SODIUM PHOSPHATE, DIBASIC 7g in 118mL, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, MONOBASIC 19g in 118mL
Labeler: Dynarex Corporation
NDC Code: 67777-402
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
( in each 118 mL delivered dose)
Dibasic sodium phosphate 7g
Monobasic sodium phosphate 19g
- Gentle relief of occasional constipation
For rectal use only
Dosage Warning: Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
- a sodium-restricted diet
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- kidney disease, heart problems, or are dehydrated
- notice a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking any other drug
- take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs
Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
- If you have rectal bleeding
- you have no bowel movement after use of a laxative. This may indicate a serious condition
Keep out of reach of children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- Each 118 mL contains: Sodium 4.3 g
- Store at room temperature 15 Deg C - 30 Deg C (59 Deg F - 86 Deg F)
- This product generally produces bowel movement in 15 minutes.
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor
Adults and children 12 years and older - 1 bottle
Children 2 to under 12 years - 1/2 bottle
Children under 2 years - Do not use. Consult a physician.
- For relief of occasional constipation
When using this product
- Do not exceed recommended dose unless directed by a doctor. Serious side effects may occur from excess dosage.
- Do not use more than three days.
Use of this product:
CAUTION: REMOVE GREEN PROTECTIVE SHIELD BEFORE INSERTING
Hold bottle upright, grasping bottle cap with fingers. Grasp protective shield with other hand and pull gently to remove.
Left-side position: Lie on left side with knees bent and arms at rest. (see diagram on box)
Knee-chest position: Kneel, then lower headand chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface. Position arms comfortably. (see diagram on box)
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema with tip pointing toward navel.
- Squeeze bottle until recommended dose is expelled ( it is not necessary to empty unit completely. Bottle contains more liquid than needed for effective use. A small amount of liquid will remain in bottle after squeezing).
- Remove tip from rectum.
- Stop using if tip is hard to insert. Forcing the tip into the rectum can cause injury (especially if you have hemorrhoids). If enema tip causes rectal bleeding or pain, get immediate medical care.
- Maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 1 to 5 minutes).
- If no urge is felt after 5 minutes of using, try to empty bowel. Call a doctor promptly if no liquid comes out of the rectum after 30 minutes because dehydration could occur.
sodium phosphate monobasic, sodium phosphate dibasic enema
|Labeler - Dynarex Corporation (008124539)|
|Registrant - Dynarex Corporation (008124539)|
Medically reviewed on Jan 30, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.