Therapeutic by Wal-Mart
Medically reviewed on December 11, 2017
Dosage form: shampoo
Ingredients: COAL TAR 1g in 100mL
NDC Code: 49035-497
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
5% Coal Tar Topical Solution USP
(1% Coal Tar)
- seborrheic dermatitis
For external use only
a condition which covers a large part of the body
- do not get into eyes. if contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
- use caution in exposing skin to sunlight after applying this product. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application
- do not use for prolonged periods without consulting a doctor
- do not use with other forms of psoriasis therapy such as ultraviolet radiation or prescription drugs unless directed to do so by a doctor
condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as directed
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- for best results use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor
- wet hair thoroughly
- massage shampoo into the scalp
- lather. Leave on hair and scalp for several minutes.
- rinse and repeat
- store away from direct sunlight
- in rare instances, discoloration of gray, blonde, bleached, or tinted hair may occur
water, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamide MEA, cocamidopropyl betaine, polysorbate 20, laureth-4, bis-hydroxyethyl dihydroxypropyl stearammonium chloride, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, tetrasodium EDTA, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, fragrance, caramel, red 4
Equate Therapeutic Shampoo helps to control the scalp itching and flaking caused by chronic scalp psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis and common dandruff. The active ingredient in EquateTherapeutic Shampoo continues to work even after hair has been rinsed.
The clear formula is formulated to be pleasant to use and gentle on hair. This uniquely formulated shampoo is gentle and safe for regular use as directed. The luxuriously rich lather has a fresh scent and will leave your hair shiny and manageable.
This product is not manufactured or distributed byNeutrogena Corporation, Distributor of T/Gel Shampoo
This product is not labeled for sale in the State of California
Distributed by: Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Bentonville, AR 72216
Compare to Neutrogneia T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Extra Strength*
Extra Strength Anti-Dandruff Formula Therapeutic Shampoo
5% Coal Tar Topical Solution USP (1% Coal Tar)
Long-Lasting Relief for Itchy, Flaky Scalp
- Keeps working even after hair has been rinsed
- Controls symptoms of dandruff, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis
- Transparent formula
- Gentle Fragrance
6 FL OZ (177 mL)
coal tar shampoo
|Labeler - Wal-Mart (051957769)|
|Registrant - Vi-Jon (790752542)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Therapeutic (coal tar topical)
- Therapeutic Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents