Ibuprofen PM by Freds Inc
Medically reviewed on Feb 5, 2018
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: IBUPROFEN 200mg, DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 25mg
Labeler: Freds Inc
NDC Code: 55315-165
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 25 mg
Solubilized ibuprofen equal to 200 mg ibuprofen (NSAID)*
(present as the free acid and potassium salt)
*non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- for relief of occasional sleeplessness when associated with minor aches and pains
- helps you fall asleep and stay asleep
Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- are age 60 or older
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDS [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- take more or for a longer time than directed.
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- in children under 12 years of age
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
- unless you have time for a full night’s sleep
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine , even one used on skin
- if you have sleeplessness without pain
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have glaucoma
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, or asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers.
- you have a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- you have trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers, or any other sleep-aid
- taking any other drug
- taking any other antihistamines
- taking aspirin for heart attack or stroke, because ibuprofen may decease this benefit of aspirin
- under a doctor's care for any continuing medical illness
- drowsiness will occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- do not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- the risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
have bloody or black stools
have stomach pain that does not get better
pain gets worse or last more than 10 days
sleepnessness persists continuously for more than 2 weeks. Insomnia may be a symptom of a serious underlying medical illness
redness or swelling is present in the painful area
any new symptoms appear.
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use ibuprofen during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away
- do not take more than directed
adults and children 12 years and over:
- take 2 capsules at bedtime
- do not take more than 2 capsules in 24 hours
- each capsule contains: potassium 20 mg
- read all warnings and directions before use. Keep carton.
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77° F)
- avoid high humidity and excessively heat above 40o C (104o F)
- protect from light.
FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, gelatin, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, potassium hydroxide, purified water, sorbitan,sorbitol
call 1-877-753-3935 Monday- Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the active ingredients in Advil® PM LIQUI-GELS® †
IBUPROFEN PM SOFTGELS
Solubilized Ibuprofen, 200 mg/
Diphenhydramine HCl, 25 mg
PAIN RELIEVER (NSAID)/ NIGHTTIME SLEEP-AID
(**Liquid Filled Capsules)
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Advil® PM LIQUI-GELS®
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
ibuprofen and diphenhydramine hcl capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Freds Inc (005866116)|
|Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.